Monday, October 12, 2009

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Coming Up: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer on Wednesday
Now: Diary of a Wimpy Kid


I pulled this book because the fourth installment was being released today. I hadn't read any of the other books and after shelving hundreds of book number 4 I realized... this book is popular, I need to know what it's about!

I read the book in less then a day. It's cute, sweet, short, and doesn't need much concentration to easily get through it. The book is meant for middle schoolers and younger but adults can easily enjoy the book also.

Greg, the self proclaimed wimpy kid, has written his 'journal' through a year of school. All of his misadventures are mentioned including jokes played on him by his older brother and how Greg has gotten into trouble over what he's done to his own younger brother.

Scary bullies and the 'cheese touch' plus all over activities that consume the life of a middle schooler are written in an amusingly witty narrative voice. I kept laughing at the different antics the wimpy kid goes through and the frighteningly accurate portrayal of middle school life.

The story is cute and brings back many of my own middle school memories with humor and a shaking of my head. How this author so aptly described middle school, I do not know, because I can only recall these memories when reminded of them by this book. (At the very least, middle school was not my favorite period of schooling).

If you're looking for a cute read to pass some free time that will be bother entertaining and amusing I suggest checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!