Wednesday, October 21, 2009

70 Books

Each year I set a goal to read 50 books from January 1st to December 31st. I feel accomplished to think that I have read 50 books from cover to cover. Sometimes, it's been hard to get that many books in- especially when I was in college (at that point if I read a book for school I'd count it in my list). But since graduating I've found that at times it's easy to read (when I was unemployed) and at times it's not so easy (when I'm working a lot and have few days off).

But this year I surprised myself. With A Living Nightmare I reached number 70 on my 'books read in 2009' list. Seventy books in a year?! I never expected to read that many books!

Some of the books I've read were children's stories, but still, those count. How many of you have a memory that is very clear of a children's book you read 15 years ago? I certainly don't. A lot of the books I picked up going, "Oh I loved this book as a kid." But I couldn't, for the life of me, remember all of the little details that were put into it. It was great to really recall books I loved as a kid but also a great help with my book selling since a lot of kids come into the store looking for something specific, although they don't know what that specific book is.

I've decided that next year I would like to make a bigger goal: 100 books in one year. I think I'll try to break it up into genre's though... a certain number of children's books, a certain number of young adult, and then adult fiction. Who knows if I'll be able to do it or not but considering the past three years I've surpassed 50 books easily... I think it's time to up the level of competition.

My complete list of books read in 2009 will be up around New Years. But otherwise, wish me luck for next year!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 70! That's awesome. Hmm... I want to make a goal like this. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    And make a goal, for me at least I find them to be extremely fun- especially when I accomplish them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...