Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This is of great importance...

In March, a mere six months ago, I asked all of you to please keep my dear friends Jenni and Nick in your thoughts and prayers as they deployed to Iraq. Busy Bee Lauren was nice enough to include this request on her blog too. I was incredibly nervous for them both with my heart in my throat and tears coming out of my eyes as they deployed.

I mailed numerous care packages (one including all of the Twilight Series books and some of the Sookie Stackhouse books!). I had the chance to speak to Jenni on video chat and Nick through email. Days and days passed by and not once did I stop having a tiny worry in the back of my head, hoping they both come home safe.

Today something very special happened...

Jenni and I saw each other for the first time in three years. She made it back to her station from Iraq a few weeks ago and landed in America to go on leave last week. Driving home she stopped at my house to see me and we ran at each other and hugged for so long. That's three years and a war deployment worth of hugs.

She even brought me a tiny rug and jewelry box from Iraq. Now how cool is that?

So thank you so very much to you, my readers, who kept her in your thoughts and prayers during the 6 months that she was deployed. Nick is still in Iraq, so don't forget about him. But I really do think that this is a great display of positive thought. Jenni, one of my best friends, is home and safe. Thank you all so much.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! I'm happy she is home safe. One of my best friends is in the marines and just left for Japan a week ago and is going to be there for the next two years. So I know how it is to have a loved one so far away. =[ I will keep Nick in my prayers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Jenni got to see you! (:

    Just wanted to let you know I passed you another award. ;)

    ReplyDelete