Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's that time of year again!

Like my Gollum expression? Yeah. I use it when I'm obsessively excited about something. Kinda like Gollum with fish.

During the fall I tend to read two things. A play by Shakespeare and something by Poe. I think it's the whole season and my urge to feel 'educated' because I miss school. I already read a Shakespeare play a week (or two?) ago but now it's onto Poe. I have read a piece of fiction of him here or there through classes in High School but I can't even begin to tell you which stories they were.

So I'm starting right off from the start with the first piece of fiction and moving straight through. We'll see how it goes!

A Note to Vampire Diaries Fans:
The show came out today and I'm sure the episode will be available on the CW's website shortly. So for those of you who have read the books and seen the first episode. What do you think? What are your opinions of it? Keep in mind that they are taking a structured book and trying to extend it to an entire seasons worth of shows. You simply have to come up with some type of sub plots to make that work. I was personally very impressed by it and will probably continue watching it. Is this a cry for brainless entertainment? Maybe. Is it my way of replacing the lack of True Blood in my life? Maybe. But what are your opinions of it?

Book Bloggers:
If you have a book blog and would like me to add a link to your site on one of the side bars (to the left or right of this entry) let me know! I was intending on just throwing them all up there but I feel like that will be very cluttered and busy. Especially since some of the blogs I follow don't have an inkling as to who I am. So those of you who read this, got a book blog? Do I not know about it? Whether I know about it or not let me know if you'd like me to feature a link. I'm all for supporting fellow book blogs. :-)

Okay, I have work for the next four days so I'll be back either on sanity breaks or Tuesday. Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. i'm going to be a sad person when trueblood is over for 8 months come sunday. *sigh*

    have not seen or read vampire diaries, but i may have to!

    i think poe is on my lit class reading list this semester. interesting, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading Poe in 8th grade. We did a whole bunch of his writing. All I remember is the one about the bells, but only because my teacher said it really weird when she recited it.

    I have to say I did like The Vampire Diaries last night. You're right. There is no way they could have made it completely based on the books. As a fan, I'm pretty happy with what they've done so far. I can tell we're going to get that passion between Stefan and Elena and the drama and trouble with Damon in the mix. Plus I too will be lost after True Blood this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a bit a Poe. I have a much smaller compilation though. I always forget about it though. I was working my way through it...I'll need to dig it out again.

    I was thinking of watching vampire diaries...do you think I should read the book(s) first?

    I don't know what I'll do without my Eric Northman fix after this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, if you wouldn't mind adding a link for the book club, that would great. I dont have a button yet.

    ReplyDelete