Monday, June 8, 2009

A Book Meme

Taken from Facebook, figured I'd post it here since it's book related! Enjoy and pass it on!

List fifteen books that changed your life in fifteen minutes. I'm tagging my friends that are readers.

1. Interview with the Vampire- This book made me fall in love with Anne Rice and have a long affair with her books which is still continuing to this day.
2. Where the Wild Things Are- I adored this book as a child, it was different from my life, a little kid being bad and getting in trouble. Really, I was obnoxiously well behaved as a child.
3. Lord of the Rings- made me capable of making up different worlds and believing that great literature about 'science fiction' and 'fantasy' does indeed exist.
4. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants- makes me feel happy inside and reminds me how awesome my girlfriends are.
5. Harry Potter- gave me my first chance to become a book driven fangirl. I adore these books, it inspires me to try and write childrens lit.
6. Chocolat- much like the food the title refers to I find myself craving it at all different points of the year. This book brings out the warmth of summer for me, despite it taking place at the end of winter and beginning of spring.
7. Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict- I read this book while I felt my world was falling apart and it managed to cheer me up. I'll forever remember the way it saved me in that sense.
8. One Bullet Away- the first (and basically only) military related book that I dove into and when I finished it I couldn't start another book because my brain was still so wrapped in the book itself. It was the first book I read, and enjoyed, that was broken away from my typical vampire novel obsession.
9. Stardust- A pure fantasy fairy tale type of book that for once made me feel like it was aimed for adults. It was a wonderful summer read. Another book that continuously reminds me of summer and sometimes when I'm bored, or tired with the life I have, I picture myself in Wall.
10. Atonement- Completely heartbreaking piece of literature that had me crying by the end of it. But it was written so beautifully that I still want to read it over and over, despite that it breaks my heart.
11. Kirsten American Girl series- Paired with my Kirsten doll and reading these books I was able to learn a little about my Swedish heritage in edition to thriving with my imagination for what I would play with Kirsten (the doll) who was probably my best friend as a child.
12. Broomtail- A book that pretty much NO ONE knows of and it's impossible to find. I was given to it from my elementary school library- for keeps!- and I read and reread it over and over again as a child. I think this was the first book that made me 'obsessive' with reading. 
13. Little House in the Big Woods- another childhood favorite that was so much like 'make pretend' but amazing, to me, that it was based on actual events. I still love the Little House books.
14. The Little Princess- I would read and reread this book as a child and even now as an adult. it makes me feel so hopeful with the world and give me courage for obstacles that seem daunting. 
15. Peter Pan- Again, fantasy thrives for me and this book was wonderful. I didn't read it until I was in High School and was simply amazed by it, asking myself why exactly I had not read it before. I treasure the book and it's old tattered hard cover. 

2 comments:

  1. sisterhood: myself and two other girlfriends attempted to find a pair of jeans that fit us all.

    harry potter: love me some ron weasley. am reading them for the third time, and they just get better.

    kirsten: american girl books were fantastic. and i almost got kirsten the doll. but ended up with felicity.

    little house in the big woods: i went through a prairie phase-i had a sun bonnet and everything. no joke.

    i love books. and i love how people can bond over them in so many ways. thanks for sharing these =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I could reply to comments on here and people would know I had commented! Moving on over to your journal for a reply comment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...